Short n’ Sweet Red, White, and Buzz Cookies
White Chocolate Buzzing Cherry and Blueberry Shortening Cookies
Happy Forth All! This is a fun summer treat great for those backyard celebrations and fun time living. The best part of summer is the amount of farm fresh berries available at the local farmers markets. There are some farms that let you pick your own berries. A great activity for taking the kids out for some fun in the sun. For this recipe I highly suggest using fresh berries for your buzz-a-licious berry soaking. Have fun and Bee safe!
- 1/4 cup brandy soaked Cherries drained, finely chopped
- 12 oz White Chocolate baking squares with cocoa butter, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup soaked (4 tablespoons of granulated sugar and 1/2 cup of water) Blueberries drained, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. While soaking cherries in brandy and coat blueberries in 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar and soak in water for 15 mins. Strain and spread out the berries on paper towels to drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar, cut in the butter until the mix looks like fine sized crumbs. Stir in the drained berries and 2/3 of a cup of the chopped white chocolate. The knead the crumbly dough with your hands until completely combined.
- Shape into 3/4″ balls and place 2″ apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Coat the bottom of a smooth surfaced drinking glass with sugar and use to flatten the cookie balls.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until the centers are set. Allow to cool on the pan for at least a minute before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to completely cool.
- In a small sauce pan melt the 8 oz of white chocolate and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until completely melted. Then dip half of each cookie into the chocolate, let the excess drip off and set on parchment or waxed paper to set the chocolate.
Yield: 60 cookies/servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 55 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 65 mins.
- Calories: 92 kcal cal
- Fat: 6 g
- Sodium: 28 mg
- Cholesterol: 9 mg
- Dietaryfiber: 0 g
- Protein: 1 g
Tags: farmtotableliving, homesteader, homesteading, independence, July, 4th, easy, Recipe, cherries, blueberries, shortening, whitechocolate, bsnees, greenbee, buzz, fresh, farm, green, fruit, alcohol